When you learn what exactly 12 week blow dry treatment is, you will be running to your hair salon and booking an appointment as soon as possible! This revolutionary treatment, also known as a keratin blowout has helped so many women to gain confidence in their hair. How? Let’s find out!
This treatment was specificaly designed to help women who are waging a war agains their frizzy and unruly hair every day! Thanks to keratin, in 12 week blow dry treatment, hair can become more tame, polished and shiny.
The best thing with keratin blowout is that you will achieve your desired look with only one treatment. Imagine having smooth hair finish everyday for 12 weeks straight – unbelievable, isn’t it?
12 week blow dry: 3 important benefits
You are interested in getting keratin treatment, but you are not entirely convinced?
Don’t worry – we have outlined 4 important benefits and you can judge for yourself – even though we think it’s 100% worth it!
Benefits of getting a professional keratin treatment include:
Benefit number 1: Smooth, glossy hair
Here, main character is the keratin. Keratin blowout smooths down every individual hair strand, which means that your hair will get a healthier, shinier, glossy look. Also, frizz will almost completely disappear!
Benefit number 2: Results which will last up to 12 weeks
Aftercare is very important after getting your 12 week blow dry treatment. As long as you follow all the steps which we will explain further in the article and don’t wash your hair more than 3 times a week – your keratin treatment can last up to 4 months.
Benefit number 3: More manageable hair
If your hair is particulary thick or frizzy, keratin blowout makes it more manageable and this is why:
- you don’t have to constantly blow dry your hair anymore, so your hair is protected from heat damage more than before
- keratin treatment cuts your hair drying by more than a half
You will also notice new hair growth because keratin formula bonds back destroyed or damaged hair strands.
How does the keratin 12 week blow dry treatment work?
Main component of the 12 week blow dry treatment is keratin – which is derived from various sources: wool, feathers or horns.
This protein formula encompasses hair cuticle, defending it from outer damage and preventing moisture to escape. The result is sleek salon blow dry finish which will last up to 12 weeks or more, depending on the aftercare.
Nevertheless, your hair will look immaculate and beautiful.
12 week blow dry: The treatment process
Before you book your appointment for 12 week blow dry treatment, you should know that process can take up to three hours – it depends on your hair length.
Firstly, your hair will get washed, because all impurities must be removed before applying the keratin smoothing treatment.
The product takes about 50 minutes to develop, after that it will be rinsed and hair blow-dried section by section.
The interesting part is sealing in and activating the coating using flat iron.
How should you maintain your hair after 12 week blow dry treatment
Finally, everything else is up to the client. If the hair is maintained properly, results should last longer and your 12 week blow dry look will look just as good as at the salon.
All you have to do is to pay attention to these simple rules and recommendations, especially for the first 72 hours:
- The most important thing is to keep your hair dry for the first 72 hours after the keratin blowout. That doesn’t mean you can’t shower – just be extra careful, put your hair under the cap and away from the steam and water (that includes steam from cooking or sweat).
- If, however, your hair gets wet, dry it immediately! In the first 72 hours, the treatment is still settling and moisture can tamper with it and ruin the sealing process. Use flat iron, heated up to 160 degrees (not above) – it will ensure that the keratin remains sealed and straight.
- Moreover, at all costs avoid bending, clipping and tying your hair for the first 72 hours. It can damage the seal and put dents in hair strands which will remain in the hair even after the first wash.
- Leave the hair straight and down as much as possible and if it gets frizzy or misshapen for the first 72 hours you should straighten it as much as possible with the flat-iron.
Finally, the most important part in the long run is choosing correct aftercare products for protecting the results of your 12 week blow dry.
There are many brands from which you can choose, developed mainly to support keratin treatments: shampoos, conditioners, hair masks, serums and creams. Their ingredients are carefully considered to avoid all chemicals that can prematurely erode the lamination of the hair such as sulfates.
Interested in giving your hair new life and vivacity while saving your precious time? Contact us here and book your appointment!